Getting to know Doralyn Moore Post 5

 

   

A DAY IN THE LIFE    

                   

I usually head to my desk around eleven a.m. After checking my email, I go to my X account, do some posting, and respond to posts. Then I check Facebook to see what’s happening there.

           
          

             If I’m honest, it’s easy to spend too much time on X. My monitor is divided into two sections. My work in progress (WIP) is on the right, other things on the left. That work in progress keeps calling to me, telling me to get going. But it’s easier to look at X than to figure out what comes next in the plot line. Pulling myself up by the bootstraps, I move my eyes to the right.
           
           

           Once I get back into the WIP, I’m totally immersed. In fact, when I stop writing, it takes me a minute to get my head back into reality. While writing, there is constant rewriting and going back over what I’ve written. For example, I don’t want to leave my main character standing by a window in one paragraph and have them outside in the next, with no explanation of how they got there.
           
         




             After finishing a chapter, I read it back to myself out loud. It helps to hear the flow of the writing. If somethings jars me, I go back and fix it.

            I write for two-and-a-half to three hours. Then I take a break. I leave the house and have a cup of tea at my favourite donut place. While there, I read. The more I read, the more I learn from the pros.

            



            In the early evening, I return to my writing. I find this is usually a productive time. During my break, my subconscious mind has been thinking about characterization, setting, mood, and potential conflict. After writing for one-and-a-half to two hours, I quit for the day.

            Then I get up the next morning and start all over again.









Doralyn Moore has a Master of Education degree from the University of Toronto and over thirty-years’ experience in social services, working with diverse populations. This familiarity has helped inform the storylines for her books

Doralyn hopes the journey of the characters will encourage readers to consider seriously the life-changing news of salvation through Jesus Christ and to trust in the goodness and faithfulness of God. 

 

See our Next post this coming Saturday!! 

Learn more here at her website

Follow her on X (Twitter)

Join her Newsletter Here

Follow her on Youtube




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting to know Doralyn Moore Post 1

Need an Editor? Christian Indie Authors

Readers Love Us