Here's your Wednesday #FaithandInk devotion:


Today's topic... Writing Plans

“I do not want you to be unaware, brothers, that I planned many times to come to you (but have been prevented from doing so until now) in order that I might have a harvest among you, just as I have had among the other Gentiles.” ~ Romans 1:13


When I read the above verse this morning, I couldn’t help but think of a book that I have been planning to write for almost three years now. It’s a very important book to me, and I know it will bring glory to God. However, while I have been planning to write it, things keep preventing me from doing so.



Have you ever experienced something like that? I am very encouraged that Paul went through the same thing. He planned to go to Rome to share the Gospel with the Gentiles and reap a harvest for God – but God was determining his steps and prevented him from doing so (Pro. 16:9). It wasn’t that Paul’s plans weren’t good; it just wasn’t God’s timing.


That’s the way I now see the book I was beating myself up about not having done. Yes, I envision it doing great things for God, but His timing is better than mine. Who knows, maybe when my book is finally released I will be able to write a letter with it that echoes Paul’s words in Romans 1:13 to let the intended audience know that I had been planning it for years, but that God had different plans because He knew their hearts.


Our plans are not always God’s plans, even if they are plans to bring Him glory… which reminds me of Isaiah 55:9, “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”


Reflection:
Is there something that you have been planning to write to bring glory to God, that it seems like God
might be preventing?

Application:
Trust that God’s timing is better than your own, and that He will show you the proper time to introduce your writing to the world for His glory.



Heather Hart is an internationally best-selling and award-winning author with an unquenchable passion for Jesus. She knows one thing every girl needs is a little honesty, so she’s not afraid to get candid and share her struggles. Her hope is that through her writing, she can help others soak up the love of Jesus. Heather currently resides in a small Texas town with her husband, Paul, and their four quickly-growing children. You can connect with her online by visiting her website BooksFaithandCoffee.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting to know Doralyn Moore Post 1

Need an Editor? Christian Indie Authors

Readers Love Us